One of the best parts of being the podcast “host” of the Mighty Lucky Quilting Club is getting to interview some of my favorite makers. In my opinion, Cheryl Arkison has a keen eye for color, could probably tell me the best way to use up my scraps and is one of the “queens of improv”. In addition to her quilting talent, I admire her clear and thoughtful writing style. Whether writing about a quilt, a sewing technique or her feelings on a controversial topic, I look forward to hearing her voice.
During our conversation, we covered a broad range of topics:
- Sewing from a young age
- Where she sews and writes
- How she deals with the overwhelming feelings sometimes found in social media
- Her sketchbook process
- Being a judge at Quilt Con
- Why she choose to work on large prints for her challenge
- And so much more…
I thought a one hour conversation with Cheryl would satisfy my curiosity about her. Instead, it makes me want to fly up to Canada and spend the weekend sewing/talking with her! I know you will enjoy the episode.
How to Listen:
To listen to the podcast, there are four options.
1) Click on the graphic at the beginning of this post, which will take you to Podbean. You can click on the play button there.
2) You can also click play on the player below.
3) Download and save the episode through the link below.
4) Subscribe to all of my podcast episodes via iTunes, Google Play or Stitcher.
Notes from the Show:
If you would like to be entered in the giveaway for this thread box from Fat Quarter Shop, leave a comment below with one of your takeaways from today’s show.