When I first started making clothes, I found Melissa Mora also known as MellySews through her website. As a former teacher, Melissa uses her educational background to produce helpful, well photographed and researched tutorials. (Check out her latest tutorial for a bolster pillow!). After seeing Melissa’s new book, Sundressing, I was excited to have her as a podcast guest.
During our conversation, we talk about:
- Her sewing journey
- Her most valuable sewing resources
- The learning process behind her new book, Sundressing
- Secrets to balancing work and family
- Her thoughts on the television series, Friday Night Lights, and Austin
- How the Pattern Anthology collaboration works
- and so much more…
I hope you enjoy the episode!
How to Listen:
To listen to the podcast, there are four options.
1) Click on the graphic at the beginning of this post, which will take you to Podbean. You can click on the play button there.
2) You can also click play on the player below.
3) Download and save the episode through the link below.
4) Subscribe to all of my podcast episodes via iTunes, Google Play or Stitcher.
Notes from the Show:
Pattern Anthology collaboration
Her book recommendations:
Winifred Aldrich books
Pattern Making for Fashion Design by Helen Joseph Armstrong
The Complete Photo Guide to Perfect Fitting by Sarah Veblen
Professional Pattern Grading for Women’s, Men’s and Children’s Apparel by Jack Handford